Drug Shortages Resources
Welcome to the McKesson Drug Shortages Resource Center
Drug shortages are a complex, global issue and we want to help you stay up to date on the latest information. Here you will find resources to help your pharmacy efficiently manage drug shortages, including links to the weekly McKesson Drug Shortages Report, the latest external drug shortages reports, top news articles and regulatory information.
McKesson Drug Shortages Report
The weekly McKesson Drug Shortages Report summarizes products currently experiencing inventory issues.
This easy-to-navigate report provides vital information to help you quickly adjust your purchasing decisions. In the report you will find brand and generic product descriptions, item numbers, NDC numbers, reasons for the shortage and vendor contact information.
Login required. For McKesson customers only.
Customers can subscribe here to receive this report weekly.
Not a McKesson pharmaceutical distribution customer? Contact us.
Stay informed on drug shortages
Information on industry-wide shortages and best practices can be found via the resources listed below.
External drug shortages reports
Drug shortages resources
- ASHP Drug Shortages Resource Center
- FDA Homepage
- FDA Safety and Innovation Act
- FDA Strategic Plan for Preventing and Mitigating Drug Shortages (PDF 380 KB)
- Verify Wholesale Drug Distributor Licenses
Top news articles
- NEW! FDA’s Drug Approval Team Copes with 700 Job Vacancies as Industry Lures Staff
- Hospital Drug Shortages: What Is Really Causing Them?
- GPs Report Drug Shortages
- Best Practices for Hospital and Health Systems in an Era of Drug Shortages
- 7 Drug Shortages Findings Health System Pharmacists Should Know
- Drug Shortages Prompt Questions: Are Some Medicines Too Cheap?
- Coping and Hoping — Drug Shortages Now and What’s Next Aug-2015 (PDF 200K)
Learn more about McKesson solutions
- McKesson OneStop Generics™
- Drug Spend Intelligence™ — Drug Spend Analysis Tool
- PATH Pro™ Formulary Management
Note: The information provided here is for reference only and does not constitute legal advice. We make no representations with regard to the content’s comprehensiveness. You are solely responsible for investigating and complying with all applicable laws that govern the operation of your business.
- Industry News
- McKesson News